Where and how (and if) to install the Firefox "flash" plugin

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 00:51:04 MST 2007

--- Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> So, I wonder what the PLUG community view is on this?

I would prefer not to need it, but I install it anyway.

> Second, when I tried to install the Firefox flash plugin from
> the following links, I am unable to get it done.
> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
> http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7
> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#Flash
>
> After getting to the point where I see the screen-capture image
> shown at this link:  http://upquick.com/temp/flashdown1.jpg
>
> I click on "Download the Flash Player .rpm for Linux" ... and
> I then see the screen-capture image shown at this next link:
> http://upquick.com/temp/flashdown2.jpg
>
> What is that all about?  How does one proceed from there?

I have never been able to install any firefox plugin by clicking on the
things that come up and take you to links that are supposed to install for
you.  I've never really tracked it down, as I prefer to download something
myself so I know what I'm getting.

> I also started to try the other download option: .tar.gz
> but I could not find any information on where (to what directory
> location to download that and where and how to install it.

I couldn't tell you with that one specifically, but what I do is look at what
files are in the archive, unpack them to a temporary directory, then do
whatever is needed from there.  Run an installer or move files or whatever.

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.