Flash Plugin for Firefox

Lynn Newton lynn.newton at gmail.com
Sat May 19 21:18:02 MST 2007

There are objections to using Flash? First I've heard of them.

My take on it is that most of the time I'd prefer to see sites that
don't use Flash, but if I had refuse dto, then would also have miss
some impressive content that I would not have been able to see
oherwise.
And Flash is free and certainly almost a no-brainer to install, so I
don't see what the big deal is.

When I see discussions like this -- and I could say the same about
Ogg, which has also recently reared it's head again -- I figure it's a
religious battle that the purists lost long ago but don't even know it
yet.

But I guess I'm a fine one to talk. I've never owned a Windows based
system. (Run it on rare occasions in a virtual machine for the sake of
one single application that I can't live without -- using a legitimate
license that I didn't have to pay for.) And because of that I've
deliberately put myself out of the picture in being able to do
whatever it is that users of those systems think is so necessary and
unavoidable.

Sorry for the schizophrenic message.

--
Lynn David Newton