Crontab tricks

Shawn Badger badger.shawn at gmail.com
Tue May 15 20:54:44 MST 2007

I always end up referring back to the web when I do a cron job because
once I do them I rarely ever have to go back. I end up forgetting the
order of the fields and yes I do us ally use the 5 fields instead of
the @something because of compatibility problems. The only @something
I use on any sort of regular basis is the the @reboot as an easy way
to start something as a non-root user that doesn't warrant its own
start up script. I hope this helps.