store passwords for SSH logins?

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed May 9 07:37:55 MST 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I frequently use ssh-agent to store passwords associated with SSH keys.
>
> But does anyone know of a tool or way to store passwords for SSH logins
> without a key?
>
> I use a SSH server for frequent manual transactions and it is an
> inconvenience for me to re-enter password every time. It is not an option
> for me to setup an SSH key on the server (I don't control it).
>
>   Jeremy C. Reed

Maybe I'm missunderstanding, but don't you create your key on your
workstation, not on the server? Then copy it to the .ssh/authorized_keys in
the home directory of the user you log in as?

Or do you mean the initial keys that are created the very first time you run
sshd on the server?

Nathan

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations