How to connect four edi devices? - solved.

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Wed May 2 09:47:15 MST 2007

.
On Wed, 02 May 2007, Eric \"Shubes\" wrote
> Josef Lowder wrote:
> > Just a note to say I finally got the subject installation
> > solved (and learned a lot in the process).
>
> Glad to hear this, Joe.
>
> > Apparently there are several problems involved, including
> > the fact that the bios cannot see a second drive, even though
> > PCLinuxOS can see it and use it, once installed.
>
> Care to elaborate a bit about the solution?

In a nutshell, the solution was to simply copy crucial files
from the old Xandros installation that had been on the second
partition of the first (and only bootable) IDE channel to the
second hard drive; and then reformat that second partition on
the first hard drive and install PCLinuxOS there.

Then PCLinuxOS allowed me to install either Grub or Lilo
(I chose Grub) and that all worked fine.  Total install time
(after three frustrating days of fooling around) was 15 minutes.

This was PCLinuxOS "Junior," which is one of three PCLinuxOS options:
"Mini-Me" is the smallest live CD, "Junior" is middle-sized live CD,
and the full version is also a live CD.  I now have all three
installed on three different systems.  Each is one is excellent for
its purpose.  All the details are here: http://www.pclinuxos.com/