Backups - Offsite solutions -Security Regulations

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Sat Mar 31 01:57:59 MST 2007

As always Hans, you're a life saver!~  I will contact him tomorrow and see what we can work out...

And by cheep server, I mean slower, older, less expensive since it takes one periodic encrypted stream instead of 50+ people all trying to attach to one or more of 20 or more different apps. Cheep colo to means some who offers a low bandwidth option, not necessarily an insecure, shoddy, or suspiciously low priced establishment...  Part of my whole emphasize what maters and do not over engineer philosophy....  My backup server cost about $2K while the servers it serves cost closer to $20K...

I remember my static's professors favorite pop quiz was "given the following structure (usually a bridge of some design) find and remove all non essential members and calculate the cost savings based on the following formula..."  Man, I loved engineering...  Up until deformable solids and numerical methods that is... But that is way off topic, I should probably go to sleep soon...