Accelerated Open Source OpenGL in Linux WAS RIP: Linux Community (1991-2007)

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Mar 29 21:50:53 MST 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 08:43:49PM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> JT Moree wrote:
> >
> > That's another one of these gotchas.  What does a distro like gnusense
> > do about binary blobs for wireless cards?
>
> Don't know.  I guess you have to find a card with open drivers.  Not an
> easy task.

It's not as hard as it used to be. OpenBSD has some of the best wifi
support going for open source, and has NO binary blob drivers at all.
Support for lots of stuff, except broadcom and a few others. If a lot of
this hasn't found it's way into Linux yet I can't imagine why (you can
suck BSD licensed stuff into GPL code just fine).

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/