Query/Form Builder / Database

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Mon Mar 26 23:09:42 MST 2007

What do people recommend for a good, easy to use, small company database
app with query and form builders?  I have a small group of people
sharing a nasty set of excel files and I want to move them up in the
world, but I don't want to teach them to be DBA's and I don't want to do
everything for them, all I want to do is set up the schema, import the
data, write a few quays and let them play.  Basically I am looking for
the open/free version of MS Access.  And don't tell me I need to run
some $20K Oracle installation for 5 people to share a customer database.
I have heard it all before, Don't let the end users have control, don't
use DA's that don't have advanced permissions and record lock, etc. I
have heard it all before and I still believe in application appropriate
complexity.  I realy am looking for easy to use, but I have never used
any (Other then Access, and I don't want to suport MS if I don't have
to)

Suggestions?