ubuntu question

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sun Mar 25 13:33:57 MST 2007

Ubuntu almost never recognizes something when installed that it didn't recognize in Live mode, so I'd
recommend caution before installing. I would also recommend waiting for the final release of 6.04 before
actually installing it in this case.  The 6.04 release is not a stability release, and the beta could
have unexpected problems.

I am assuming this is a standard IDE card using LVM for the setup.  If you're using an IDE RAID card,
the situation becomes hugely more complex.

If this is a LVM volume, then you can start up LVM in the live environment to help Ubuntu find the
missing volume.  If you can't get LVM to recognize the volume in the live environment, then you probably
need drivers not included in the desktop install, and should wait for the final DVD release (which has
pretty much all of the supported drivers).  In the event the final release still cannot recognize the
volume, you'd have to find the driver FC6 is using and slipstream that in when installing Ubuntu.

==Joseph++