tab grouping in Firefox

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Mar 20 01:32:34 MST 2007

Am 19. Mar, 2007 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> Just out of curocity, how many pages are we talking?  My mozilla

I generally keep my tabs less than 20. Lately they've been creeping up to
40 on a couple of boxen :(. Firefox has been plenty stable with them. I'm
using both 1.5.x and 2.x.

> installations, be if Linux, Win, or Mac get seriously bogged down if I
> have more then a hundred pages open and all but crash if I go beyond
> ~150-200 pages. I do not synch book marks, but on my work machines I
> would say I have ~100 bookmarks between them, on my home machine it is
> about the same.  I rarely group more then 20 bookmarks together.  (I

I generally replaced bookmarks with search engines years ago :).

> am not a power user, I just can't remember anything so I refer back to
> things often during research) For most of the items I know I will need
> to keep for reference, that are dynamically loaded, I just save the page
> as a full archive (Thus making it static) and book mark that.  So far I
> have never had to worry :)

The dynamically loaded stuff has volatile info that often changes every
$time_period.

> However, I agree that having the ability to hierarchically manage live
> tabs would be sweet!

Most definitely.

ciao,

der.hans

#  "We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.
#  Law enforcement was not supposed to be easy.
#  Where it is easy, it's called a police state."  -- Jeff Schiller