PATH

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Thu Mar 8 21:30:55 MST 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007 20:20, John Schember wrote:
> add $PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/RealPlayer/ to either your users .bashrc file
> or if you want it available to all users add it to the bashrc file
> in /etc.
>
> John

or add a script that does the same thing in the /etc/profile.d directory.
at work, i have a script that adds all kinds of stuff in a file ending
with .sh

the profile when run at system startup time will run anything in that
directory that has a .sh extension.

there's always more than one way to do it.

Jerry