Verifying software RAID performance

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Wed Mar 7 09:03:18 MST 2007

md (raid driver) uses syslogd and reports via LOG_KERN, so you can use
whatever log monitoring tool(s) you'd like.

You can also use mdadm in monitor mode.

raidtools is the traditional package for software raid. You should consider
using mdadm instead or in addition to.

"Managing Raid on Linux" (O'Reilly) is a very good reference/guide.

Randy Melder wrote:
> Group,
>
> I have a handful of boxes running Linux software RAID. 2 IDE and 2 SCSI
> to be precise.
>
> My question is: how can I monitor the status/health from the shell?
>
> thanks!
>
> ; ) .randy

-Eric 'shubes'