Qwest.net and 2wire gateway

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Mar 7 07:47:55 MST 2007

A little more information. My server has a public ip which shows ssh being
filtered, because it is forwarded to another machine. If I disable the
forward it shows it is open. However, my gateway has port 22 closed.
If the gateway is blocking the port, though the server is open, it won't be
able to communicate back to me, correct? Could that be the problem? I don't
have the option of turning off the firewall on this stupid 2wire box. I'm
really tired of corporations "protecting" us.

nathan