Qwest.net and 2wire gateway

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Mar 7 07:40:18 MST 2007

I just got Qwest DSL and they assured me I could run a web server and email
server on my qwest.net service, it's business services. I got everything
setup with my static ip's, but I cannot connect to the boxen from the outside
world. nmap shows port 22 being open, but ssh just sits forever and never
gives any kind of error or anything. Does anyone have experience with these
2wire boxes? Is it not routing properly or something? The tech support guy
for 2 wire connected remotely and set it up the way it should be, but when I
said it still wasn't working, he said it wasn't his problem and hung up...
seriously.

I'm thinking trying to get qwest to send me the actiontec, but I doubt I'll
get anywhere with the indian tech support.

nathan