canibalism

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Mon Mar 5 23:36:46 MST 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 22:39, Josh Coffman wrote:
> huh? cannibalism and programming.. not my experience.
> First, when you enjoy your job its more of a hobby that you get paid to do.
> Second, this group should give you a good indication of the general
> helpfulness techies have toward each other. (Hey, its us against stupid
> users, right? kidding.)

it may be a joke, but believe me, thats also serious (I know, I deal
with 'stupid users' sometimes, and boy are they a pain!). anyway, yeah.
enjoyment of a 'job' makes it a lot easier to do in the long run.

> I would say my perspective is that of a seasoned and [apparently] well
> respected developer. I'm not sure what factors would affect some one just
> getting into the field. Also, if you have a dream you should pursue it with
> fervor and wisdom.

truer words were never uttered. :)

one additional point: don't let anyone 'steal your dream' simply because they
*think* they know better.