canibalism

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Mon Mar 5 23:34:16 MST 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 22:20, Michael Havens wrote:
> Is this an apt word in describing the programming industry? I am having a
> meeting with the DES (tues at 2) about possibly moving me into a new career
> path and a was thinking of my first love (computers). My dad is advising me
> against it because of how competitive it is but I thought I would ask throw
> that out there to get some educated comments.
>

> [DES is because of a traumatic brain injury sustained in 1985]

The computer industry*is* competitive for the most part. However, that should
not stop you from participating. look at me. I am blind and service computers
part time (self employment income) and do fairly well. it helps to also have
a part time stable job over at the food store. :)

as for your dad, is it his career, or yours?
(sorry to be blunt, but I really don't like it when someone tells me I can't
do something simply on the basis of my disability).