thoughts on a distro...

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 14:51:58 MST 2007

I loaded xubuntu on my laptop.  Its an old laptop.  Then I added the LAMP stuff and then KDE.  Runs nice.  Even found my wireless card.  All I had to do was go into the interface and set the parameters.

I run Fedora on my dev server however I think it might stress out my laptop.

Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi,

    I've been trying out distros this year while I wait for Fedora 7. I'm looking at trying Mandriva One 2007 (KDE), Mandriva 2007 Metisse, PCLinusOS 2007, or another suggestion. I would like a distro that doesn't take a lot of work to get codes and non-oss stuff working on. (Sabayon is good, but not the right fit on my laptop)

    Anyone have suggestions or opinions on the ones I listed?

Thanks,
-j

Keith Smith
A link from my website to yours