Mail Servers and DIY

Richard Wilson relw at mchsi.com
Wed Jun 27 23:22:31 MST 2007

Nathan,

What's the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) and public IP of your mail
server?  I help administer Internet mail for several large enterprises
and have found legitimate businesses set up on IP's that are part of DUL
address blocks -- (DUL originally stood for Dial Up Users, but now can
include a lot of other connection types, not necessarily dynamic
connections).  If your IP falls in such a block your provider will ahve
to assign you a new address to get around this.

HTH,

Richard Wilson