Internet woes

DX ssjgolleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 08:31:42 MST 2007

I had a similar problem with ubuntu a while ago. It turned out that it
was because FF was using IPv6 when it attempted to connect. The way I
solved it was by typing "about:config" on the FF address var and looking
for the IPv6 option and disabling it (type ipv on the filter and you
will find it really fast).

As far as Thunderbird goes, it might be the same thing except I don't
use it so I'm not sure how to fix that. I would suggest you try another
client like Evolution and see if you can connect from there, and if you
do, than you know that might be the problem. Try connecting from
different browsers too, see if those work and let us know what you
find.

Good Luck!
-DX