Cox

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 23:39:46 MST 2007

  My guess is that broadband connections are going to drop in price
considerably in ~6 mos- year.  There is a lot of activity right now at the
FCC with regards to broadband pricing.

  http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=21511

  the kind of pricing schemes that you cite below are used in mobile markets
quite regularly to lock in revenue for entire business cycles.  Also are you
outside of phx metro?  I know that much of the talk has been centered around
rural broadband deployment, so price structures are certain to change if you
live outside the city.[0]

  -jmz

[0] "The House Ag proposal attempts to target rural broadband expansion in
smaller communities and would create a National Center for Rural
Telecommunications Assessment charged with assessing rural broadband
availability and existing broadband loan programs."
http://farmweek.ilfb.org/viewdocument.asp?did=10441&drvid=114&r=0.1338465

On 6/23/07, Jim <farli at deru.com> wrote:

> Ok, I have seen what seems to be a smokin offer from Cox.  $9.95 a month
> for the first six months and $14.95 after that.  Is Cox internet
> connection really that cheap?  Also, any recommendations for a cable
> modem to get?  Im pretty sure that my old WRT54GL, which is laying
> dormant because I cant get DLS service from Qwest here, will not work.
>
> TIA
>
> Jim

.0000. communication.
.0001. development.