Red Hat Enterprise Linux software sources?

Tony E - Jaraeth jaraeth at phoenixwing.com
Fri Jun 15 18:29:00 MST 2007

I also use CentOS almost exclusively at work, and the exclusions occur
when customers specifically request Debian, SuSe, Slackware, etc.  There
are a few mirrors for CentOS local to the valley such as:

http://mirrors.easynews.com//linux/centos/
http://centos-distro.cavecreek.net/centos/

With CentOS, you have your 'yum', like Fedora Core, to update your
systems, and repositories usually are along the lines of 'base',
'updates', 'CentOS Plus' (for slightly more cutting edge packages such
as PHP5), and you can add your own such as Dag (1) & Dries (2), which
now are (... are attempting to merge as ...) part of RPMForge.

(1) http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/
(2) http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/
(3) http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/FAQ.php#A1

I've used CentOS for over a year in the enterprise field, and it's as
solid as RHEL, and never have I had an issue installing software via RPM
onto a CentOS system that was made specifically for RHEL.

</two cents>

Kind Regards,

  Tony E.