How to burn a dvd most dvd players can read?

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Tue Jul 31 13:44:31 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 13:24 -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> I love Linux and I'm not about to abandon it on my primary desktop...
> but for my video editing, I think I'll pop on over to my Mac and use iMovie.

While I'm not going to say that we're at the point of iMovie, a couple
of projects that I'm watching with interest:

http://www.kinodv.org/
http://www.pitivi.org/wiki/Main_Page

Kino is currently very DV focused, but I think they're looking to move
on from that now that they've released 1.0 (and 1.1).  The Pitivi
software uses the GStreamer libraries, so it'll have excellent format
support, but currently doesn't have all the functionality that you'd
want.

		--Ted