Dyndns (and knockd)

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Fri Jul 20 09:07:44 MST 2007

On Friday 20 July 2007 09:02, Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> Darrin Chandler wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 06:54:09PM -0400, Matt Graham wrote:
> >> So:  How evil is the local evil DSL monopoly?  I have 1.2 months until I
> >> move out there, so there's time.
> >
> > Well, welcome in advance, then!
> >
> > I'm not sure about Qwest's various plans, or what they do on ADSL vs.
> > VDSL, but I have ADSL and the most basic plan imaginable and they
> > haven't blocked anything that I'm aware of. Of course if you sign up
> > with a DSL ISP, then you'll fall under their ToS (which would probably
> > be much more sensible).
>
> I have VDSL w/ Qwest, and nothing's blocked here (knock wood).

When I had Qwest's VDSL service in Gilbert, Arizona incoming port 80 was
definitely blocked. Also, the IP address I had showed up in dynamic lists
(because it is dynamic but the address never changed) making it sometimes
difficult to directly send e-mail to some of the larger ISPs because they
don't allow mail sent directly from dynamic hosts.

--
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/
Jabber IM: jon at the-hansons-az.net