will this work?

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Sun Jul 15 22:25:53 MST 2007

Sorry ... I wasn't finished. see below:

On Sunday 15 July 2007 22:14, Jerry Davis wrote:
> I have an export on system A -- lets call it /data
> System B does an nfs mount of A:/data on say /mnt/A
> All is well.
>
> Now lets say that I am running out of partition space on A:/data
> So I add more disk space on another device, lets call it A:/data1
> But I want to be able to access it under A:/data as if it was underneath
> /data in the first place on both system A and System B.
>
> 1) Now I know that this won't work:
> 	on system A: mount /data1 on /data/mymountpoint
> 	system B: only shows /mnt/A/mymountpoint
>
> 2) will this work?
> 	on system A: do a ln -s /data1 /data/mymountpoint
> 	will system B: see what is on /data1 ?

3) soft links on both systems? I realized 2) won't work for system B: only for

how about this?

System A:
	mkdir /data/mymountpoint
	ln -s /data1 /data/mymountpoint
	export both /data and /data1
System B:
	mount A:/data on /mnt/A
	mount A:/data1 on /mnt/A1
	and in rc.local do:
	ln -s /mnt/A1 /mnt/A/mymountpoint

--
Happy Trails!
Jerry

KE7JVW
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune:
Q:	Know what the difference between your latest project
	and putting wings on an elephant is?
A:	Who knows?  The elephant *might* fly, heh, heh...