64 Bit Computing

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Tue Jul 10 08:44:27 MST 2007

I run 64-bit on some boxes.  Java is no problem, the only thing I have trouble with is Flash.  All of the Free drivers in the kernel are fully ported to x86_64.
The vast majority (around 95%) of the debian repositories are ported to x86_64 as well.  I use Ubuntu for the most part, and it works quite well.

About the only thing, besides Flash, that doesn't work is the occasional game.
Of course, none of the malware works, which makes it fun to use a 64-bit-only machine to browse the web, if you accidentally encounter malware, it usually provides pretty effects as it blows up ;-)

==Joseph++