I hurt my keyboard......

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:20:58 MST 2007

The key is not having any electrical source connected while doing this,
being very sure to avoid any residue (hence the distilled water), and a
THOROUGH drying. This has been known to work even with underwater cameras as
long as the installed batteries are in a sealed compartment when the camera
is flooded with sea water.

Remember that pure water is basicly not conductive until impurities are
added.  That said, I would be concerned about the touchpad due to the
potential for something getting between layers and being VERY difficult to
rinse out.

On 7/9/07, Shawn Badger <badger.shawn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't tried it with a touchpad yet. If it is already flaky because of
> something being spilled in it then I would do the distilled water trick.
>
> On 7/5/07, Michael Havens <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday 05 July 2007 7:38 am, Shawn Badger wrote:
> > > I have been know to put keyboards in the dishwasher for a good
> > cleaning.
> > > Keyboards always seem to collect all kinds of stuff. So I started
> > running
> > > mine though the dishwasher when I felt the need.  Don't use soap to
> > avoid
> >
> > Really? WOW. And I always thought getting them wet was a bad thing. Do
> > you
> > think it makes a difference that my touchpad is part of the keyboarde?

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss