it logged off unexpectedly

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 12:56:09 MST 2007

That happened to Jim many a time with Cox, funny, when
he came here from the nursing home and was on dsl,
never happened!! Hum, and everyone says cox is
solid??? Oh, well, give me the 'slower' dsl, I will
live with that over the flaky techs and etc at cox. No
pun intended, you just installed, not t/s'd the
customers connection if I remember right.

He had one tech and I was there, go pale and mumble
something and burn rubber leaving when he crashed
Jim's system!! a few hours later, Knoppix logged in
and ran, but we had to reinstall windows, even knoppix
didn't recover the hd from whatever that stupid did.

At lesat, no charges ever showed up for a 'tech
destruction call', hihihi.

Wonder what lie that tech told his supervisor about
his 'hole' of 2 hrs that day performance wise...or did
he get canned...nah, never.

Cox caught someone blatenly disconnecting Jim's cable
and running a cable over to another property next
door. SEVERAL times. Then they quit coming over at all
on service calls!! Now that is 'service'??? One month
later, surgery and never ever saw his 'home' again.

Qworst has been solid except once..they acknowledged
the substation was down..it came back in about 4 hrs
tho. And some idiot in billing switched me back to
256k once..raised billy hell about that one and got
credit. Also a firmware update...since I don't use
their email..basically my fault for not reading it was
pending...so cannot blame them on that 'flakey-ness'
that occured.

Ed.

--- Michael Havens <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote:

> as I was typing out my last message it logged off. I
> didn't do anything.... it
> just logged off. I freaked out thinking someone
> might be wanting me to typoe
> my password in so I turned off the modem. Any ideas
> what happened?pl

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required starting about Feb 07!
http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.