Need a reliable audio streamming distribution server

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 12:51:22 MST 2007

On 1/25/07, Ted Gould <ted at gould.cx> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> >  Any idea when were going to get video/audio streaming in an SVG
> > browser?  from what I understand, <viewbox>s were designed to allow
> > for video as their content.
>
> Well, they're trying to get that into SVG 1.2...  I'm not sure what'll
> come first 802.11n or SVG 1.2.  It's really turning into a crazy process
> where they are changing everything from the previous drafts.  Not in bad
> ways, but the features are so neccisary in the SVG space that any change
> causing delay is bad at this point.

  Although I am a big fan of SVG, I really don't see it taking over
Flash at this point, given Adobes MM acquisition.  SVG's only
salvation at this point would be adoption by Microsoft( not likely ).
W3C never fails to impress.  I assume that this work;

  http://www.w3.org/TR/MediaAccessEvents/

  has something to do with the process you describe above?

  -jmz