770, N800, Gp2x, etc.

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Thu Jan 11 20:38:15 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 12:43 -0700, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> I just downloaded a bunch of updates from maemo.  I haven't been using
> my Nokia as much as I should, given it's cost, so I'm going to make a
> major effort to get everything updated and working - especially to get a
> PIM that works on Linux and syncs easily.  I've also ordered a bluetooth
> keyboard (found a good deal on Amazon, thanks guys for the suggestions)
> and a small battery-powered USB hub.  The reason for the latter is to
> enhance the Nokia's USB capability which is currently limited because it
> doesn't provide power on its interface.  I'll let everyone know how that
> works out.

I haven't found a PIM that I like yet.  But, the killer app for me has
been Xournal.  I take all my notes in it now.  And the annotate PDF
feature is awesome.  I get documents as PDFs, mark them up, and send
them back to people as PDFs.  They're very impressed.  My world has
become more paperless, which makes me happy :)

		--Ted