770, N800, Gp2x, etc.

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Thu Jan 11 11:17:35 MST 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, der.hans wrote:
> the Gp2x is much less expensive than the Nokia products, but also plays
> video and audio.
>
> No bluetooth or WiFi. Dunno if it has a developer community working on the
> software.

I'm not sure that most people care, but since I know that you do Hans, it
is important to note the the Nokia software isn't 100% free.  They've
released a bunch, but there are still a few binary blobs for things like
Wifi and some of the DSP stuff.  I'm not sure about the GP2X.

Overall, I think Nokia is trying, but they still really haven't figured
out how to release a free product and get that in sync with their internal
development models.

If you want lots of details, read the maemo-developers list and watch
people complain and discuss it (a lot) :)

 		--Ted