Nokia 770 - keyboard question

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Fri Jan 5 09:13:22 MST 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 08:41, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> Hello all,
> This isn't an off-topic question, since the Nokia runs Linux!
> I have a Nokia 770 and like it very much.  I need to get a Bluetooth
> keyboard.  I hope there are some Nokia users out there that might have
> an opinion on which to get.
>
> 1. The Thinkoutside Stowaway _Universal_ Bluetooth keyboard gets rave
> reviews, is definitely compatible with the Nokia, and retails for $150.
>   (Ouch!) It's a small, four-row dual fold keyboard.
> 2. Stowaway also has another Bluetooth keyboard that is not designated
> as "Universal."  Don't know if it works with the Nokia; and I'm having
> trouble finding that info due to Thinkoutside's confusing and
> inconsistent use of product names and numbers.  It's $120, and not as
> compact as the "Universal" model.  The keyboard has 5 rows, and is
> touted as "full size."  I would prefer a more familiar layout over the
> smaller size, as long as it works with the Nokia.
> 3. Freedom's Universal model is cheaper still (retail price $90).  It's
> got five rows, and I understand it works with the Nokia.  But how is its
> quality?
>
> I'd appreciate any feed back.
> Vaughn

	I don't have any specific advise for the Nokia 770 but I would think that any
Bluetooth keyboard would work. If manufacturers conform to the Bluetooth
standard (and they do or they wouldn't be able to use the Bluetooth logo)
then you are free to choose whatever Bluetooth keyboard suits you.

--
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/
Jabber IM: jon at the-hansons-az.net