OT: Corporate America Rant

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:05:38 MST 2007

The only complaint I have about it is that it doesn't display some
excel files with macros correctly, and if you get really creative with
formatting it fubars it.
Overall I agree.
I almost had a linux desktop rollout going at the company I worked
for, until there was a paradigm shift and we had to think outside the
box in order to break the mold.
Now we're rightsizing :)

On 1/5/07, Empty <plug at emptiedout.com> wrote:
> Dan Lund wrote:
> > It's something we all deal with when a company is bigger.
> > Executives and management go with what's "tried and true" and what
> > "everyone else uses".  It's just business as usual.
>
> What I find amusing is when those same PHBs use phrases like "thinking
> outside the box", "paradigm shift", and "breaking the mold". What's
> funny is that OOo *is* tried and true, and it's few limitations are
> easily surpassed by its overall efficiency(watch your resource monitor
> and fire up Excel some time) and $0 price tag.
>

> --
> ---
> "Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.
> For you, it would just be a really long boast."
>         -Tara
> http://www.emptiedout.com

"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte