PLUG site incident last night

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 19:27:20 MST 2007

With I had my own server... and _all_ the skills to run it.  I'm on shared hosting.

My current personal project is http://dophoenix.com/

Thanks for all your help,
Keith

Edward Norton <r00t3d at gmail.com> wrote:

On 1/1/07, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote: I did a google search on php_flag register_globals and joomla was in the 8th position.

I tried Joomla for the first time several weeks ago.  I really like what I see and hope to spend more time looking at it.  At a very minimum extracts can expedite my efforts and possibly something as simple as a  template change may get me where I want to go.  It's a smooth application that would take a bunch of work to duplicate.

Hearing the security problems are not directly related to Joomla is great news.  I also think that the source code should be at a minimum adequate due to peer review.

Thoughts?
Keith
  If I might ask, what kind of website are you going for?  Pertaining to the security aspect, are you on your own server? If so, check out Suhosin from hardened-php.net . Absolutely invaluable. Source code security  isn't even really  *that* important (that's not to say it *isn't* important, mind you.) if you have Suhosin setup correctly.

Keith Smith
A link from my website to yours
Submit Your Metro Phoenix Website
http://mail.yahoo.com