PLUG site incident last night

Edward Norton r00t3d at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 19:17:02 MST 2007

On 1/1/07, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I did a google search on php_flag register_globals and joomla was in the
> 8th position.
>
> I tried Joomla for the first time several weeks ago.  I really like what I
> see and hope to spend more time looking at it.  At a very minimum extracts
> can expedite my efforts and possibly something as simple as a  template
> change may get me where I want to go.  It's a smooth application that would
> take a bunch of work to duplicate.
>
> Hearing the security problems are not directly related to Joomla is great
> news.  I also think that the source code should be at a minimum adequate due
> to peer review.
>
> Thoughts?
> Keith

  If I might ask, what kind of website are you going for?  Pertaining to the
security aspect, are you on your own server? If so, check out Suhosin from
hardened-php.net. Absolutely invaluable. Source code security isn't even
really *that* important (that's not to say it *isn't* important, mind you.)
if you have Suhosin setup correctly.