security, encryption, and healthcare

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 28 22:46:28 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 00:08 -0700, Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> As far as bubbles go, energy is a good current candidate, as is
> materials science.  It may be another year or so before the next
> bubble is really clear, but it probably won't be healthcare, that's
> more likely to hit in 2017, if ever.
----
I believe that the mandate is to have a standardized EHR by 2014
----

> As for socialized healthcare, if you want to know what that's like,
> just look at France, or England.  Both have had socialized healthcare
> for some time (to varying degrees), and it's very eye-opening to see
> what the result of that has been.  If you want someplace closer to
> home, look at Canada, and ask yourself why so many wealthier Canadians
> cross the border to US hospitals for treatment each year.
----
This is a political discussion that probably is out of place on this
list but I have seen it projected that health care costs are rising so
fast now that it is anticipated that within 5 years, 20% of people's
income will go to health care which means that there will be
considerably more interest in moving to socialized medicine delivery in
this country.

At this point, nearly 25% of Americans can't afford medical coverage and
the number is rising. The current medical delivery system is failing too
many in this country.

Craig