security, encryption, and healthcare

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 22:07:19 MST 2007

On 2/28/07, Joseph Sinclair <plug-discussion at stcaz.net> wrote:

> As far as bubbles go, energy is a good current candidate, as is materials science.  It may >be another year or so before the next bubble is really clear, but it probably won't be >healthcare, that's more likely to hit in 2017, if ever.

  Joseph,

   Just curious, what indicators are you going by?  Remember that
bubbles do not form based on their actual value to society, its based
on financial performance.  As soon as enough money goes into something
it literally runs on its own momentum( case in point: Google[1] ).  At
this point, I can't think of any space-age materials that are making
people millionaires.  Energy may be a possibility, but energy is
really a commodity, and as such is not really subject to bubble
behavior because it is not easy for people to throw the system out of
whack.

  I am curious to hear your thoughts.

 -jmz

[1] remember that Google's primary( perhaps singular ) source of
revenue are those silly little ads on the bottom of blogs.  click
click!

( 602 ) 490 8006
jjzeidner at gmail.com