What pci wireless card works best with Linux?

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 10:54:30 MST 2007

Joseph,

Which HP laptop? what wireless chipset? What distro?
I have an hp pavilion zv5000 series, and I also dual boot with WinXP.
Given that its an HP, its probably a broadcom wireless in the 43xx series.

The BCM43xx project has a driver this is included in many recent distro's kernels.
I know its in Ubuntu, Fedora, and OpenSuse have it. It's ok, but you need to setup the firmware
and it only does 11mbs.

Ndiswrapper uses the windows driver under linux. If your kernel has the bcm43xx module included, you'll
need to make sure it isn't loaded in order to use ndiswrapper.

I can help you set up either; more so with ndiswrapper.

-j