Hardware (was Re: ubuntuu/xubuntuu)

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Fri Feb 16 21:44:21 MST 2007

On Friday 16 February 2007 9:10 pm, Erich Newell wrote:
> After taking a peek at your hardware list, I'd say that you would be fine
> for any distro you want...depending on what you plan on doing with it. If

Thanks for looking! I have a quasi-debian on the box right now and when I
upgradedf it to the modern version (06 vs 03) the box runs slow. We've
discussed it on list and it seems the 2.6 kernel is too blame for this
slowdown. Then when I start any program that requires nspluginviewer
EVERYTHING grinds to a halt. The processor is over taxed. You now howin Icewm
you have the process monitor and black= no use and when you start a program
it begins a wave form shape in green. Well, there is another color if it is
overused (red) and if the processor is really over used you get violet. I
sometimes get violet when nspluginviewer is initiated.
Whatever.