m$ as Big Brother

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Fri Feb 16 17:41:27 MST 2007

Ok, again sorry for being so far behind, and because of this I shall
keep my comments short.
In my humble opinion:
I believe in patents, but not the crap that gets passed as a patent.
For example, no one should be able to patent the concept of barbed wire
but they should be able to patent their particular method of making
barbed wire.  Now this panting should not be so inclusive as to
eliminate a competitor from using wire without licensing it.  And as I
understand it you must implement all portions of a patent to be in
violation.  Along the same lines the makers of said barbed wire should
also be able to copyright the name they use to sell their brand of
barbed wire, but not the method to make it.  There is nothing wrong with
this and every common man (person) should be able to easily submit their
idea for review with the patent office.
This is just my opinion...
As for software, well... there are some odd fair competition regulations
that need to be addressed but that discussion I will leave up to the
smarter people in the audience, like Joseph.