need a good graphics card for my laptop (kubuntu)

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 11 19:23:06 MST 2007

You can swap your vid card on your laptop?
Anyway, I've heard the nvidia binares are better than the ati; I guess there is also improved open source drivers for nvidia in the works.
I read mention of that in fedora discussion, but i can't remember the name of the project.

I've had no problems running the nvidia binaries other than my laptop card is about lose support in the next version.

So... you can swap out your vid card in your laptop?
Seriously, I didn't know that was possible. Just assumed it was built into the board and I had to live with it.

-j