IPCOP

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Wed Feb 7 11:51:25 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 11:22 -0700, ssjgolleta wrote:
> Anyone here has any experience with IPCOP?
>
> I'm trying to set up a firewall using IPCOP and 3 network cards. I'm
> testing the firewall at the moment from inside the network so its
> plugged to a network switch instead of the modem (for the moment).
>
> After configuring the firewall here is my set up:
> Green(eth0)-192.168.0.1 with dhcp server installed
> Orange(eth1) - 192.168.1.1
> Red(eth2) - 10.0.0.1
>
> I have Red plugged in to my network switch, Green to a small switch, and
> Orange to another switch. So far, when I log into the server itself I
> can ping google.com fine. When I plug a computer to the switch on the
> green, I can't see the server or even get an IP. Do I need to have
> anything special like a crossover cable or anything?
----
No

what is the IP address for the computer plugged into the switch on the
'green' ? Does it fail to get an IP address? If so, try manually
configuring an IP address in the 192.168.0.0 subnet (i.e. 192.168.0.5)
and try to ping the NIC on the IPCOP system. See if your problem is
related to DHCP or perhaps troubleshooting your setup, bad switch or bad
wires.

Craig