Cinelerra question

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 11:06:04 MST 2007

No I'm sorry to say the only tutorial I have for transcode is the man
page...but there are several front-ends that make the job easier. A
quick "apt-cache search transcode" reveals half a dozen or so under
Ubuntu. I'm certain there are just as many for your distro of choice.

On another note, I was reading the October issue of LJ (yes, I'm
behind) which has an article on KDENLIVE...which is an another
Non-Linear Editor for video. You might want to check it out (no
personal experience).

On Dec 31, 2007 10:48 AM, Vaughn Treude <vltreude at deru.com> wrote:
> Erich Newell wrote:
> > I've used Kino on several occasions for exactly this purpose. It only
> > works with DV format, but can import most anything that I'm aware of.
> > (As long as you have the appropriate codecs loaded)
> >
> > If you have very unusual format needs for input / output, you could
> > use transcode or vlc beore / after as well.
> >

> Erich,
> Thanks for your help.  I've installed Kino, but it does not like my MOV
> files.  (Error: "Failed to Load Media File.")  Perhaps there is a
> problem with the MOV files. I produced them with a script I found online
> that calls VLC with mysterious parameters to make it do the conversions.
>   I suppose I will try getting transcode or some other tool to do it.
> Can you point me to a good tutorial?
> Vaughn
>

> > Cheers.

> >> Erich,
> >> Well yes, some very simple editing.  I have two video capture files.  I
> >> need to trim a few seconds of the beginning and and of each file, and
> >> then concatenate them together.
> >>
> >> Vaughn

"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes
about finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes
through life."