Cinelerra question

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Mon Dec 31 10:48:44 MST 2007

Erich Newell wrote:
> I've used Kino on several occasions for exactly this purpose. It only
> works with DV format, but can import most anything that I'm aware of.
> (As long as you have the appropriate codecs loaded)
>
> If you have very unusual format needs for input / output, you could
> use transcode or vlc beore / after as well.

Erich,
Thanks for your help.  I've installed Kino, but it does not like my MOV
files.  (Error: "Failed to Load Media File.")  Perhaps there is a
problem with the MOV files. I produced them with a script I found online
that calls VLC with mysterious parameters to make it do the conversions.
  I suppose I will try getting transcode or some other tool to do it.
Can you point me to a good tutorial?
Vaughn