OT: Fliers for local computer shops?

Shawn Dowler shawn.dowler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 12:57:59 MST 2007

I moved to Gilbert about a year ago from San Diego and have been stymied
when it comes to local computer shops ever since.  In San Diego there is a
free weekly magazine called Computor Edge and many of the local computer
stores advertise in the magazine posting their prices for the week in a
condensed one-page form.  This makes it easy to compare prices on components
and to call for availability before traveling.  I see these small shops all
over the place, but I don't have time to stop by each and every one to grab
their fliers.  I don't want to buy computer parts retail and I want to
support the smaller specialized shops.

I have run into this problem because my Freevo box died over the weekend (I
think the fan on the northbridge died and it overheated, but I'm not sure)
so now I'm looking at getting a Core 2 Duo, a new Mobo, some RAM, and a new
power supply.  I cringe when I go into the retail stores and look at there
things.

I'm a long-time Linux user and would appreciate any help from my local
comrades.

Shawn Dowler

--
"Je n'ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parceque je n'ai pas eu le loisir de
la faire plus courte."

-->  http://walkingtowel.org  <--