farewell to Phoenix and PLUG

Lynn Newton lynn.newton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 18:10:05 MST 2007

Hello PLUGgers,

For nearly thirty years I lived in Phoenix. I first
became acquainted with Unix in 1983, and have used it
in its various forms, including Linux, in connection
with my work ever since.

On November 9th I left Arizona for a new job in
Columbus, Ohio. While I would have loved to stay in
Phoenix the rest of my days, life doesn't always
allow us to do exactly what we want. Being unable
to retire at this phase of life, and having an
excellent opportunity drop into my lap for which I
was heavily recruited, I've uprooted my life, and
am now in Columbus, freezing my butt off.

My work continues to be deeply involved around *nix,
(all the senior technical people happen to use
Macbooks), but other things as well, as I now work
for a highly respected technology research company
with primary practices in forensic computing and
information assurance. I'm surrounded by some of
the most computer technology savvy people I've
ever encountered, and I've worked with some of the
best. (My job description is senior analyst, and
director of documentation, which is sort of a glorified
tech writer, although I wear many hats, including in
marketing, and even in being temporary "boss" on
occasion -- we all do.

Anyhow, now that I no longer live in Phoenix and
no longer a part of the technical scene there,
rarely read much on the list, and have an incredible
support net where I am, this seems a good juncture
to unsubscribe to PLUG, while saying that I believe
it is a very good user group that has done some
fine things. I wish you all continued success in
your efforts to promote Linux and in helping
one another with Linux problems.

--
Lynn David Newton
Interhack Corporation