rsync help

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Dec 17 23:00:43 MST 2007

Am 17. Dec, 2007 schwätzte Shawn Badger so:

> Good guess about CPU time, it is mostly about bandwidth. All the
> servers will house the same files, so they will all need the exact
> same updates. That coupled with a high latency network connecting
> those servers means that I need a way of sending just a small
> prepackaged file that contains all of the changes to the servers. I am
> reading the link to the e-mail you sent, but I haven't seen anything

It mentions rsync batch processing. I just now took time to search for
batch in the rsync man page. That leads to BATCH MODE, which looks like
what you want.

On my dapper box I've got version 2.6.6 and the man page lists BATCH MODE
as experimental.

On my gutsy box I've got version 2.6.9 and the man page doesn't declare
BATCH MODE as experimental.

ciao,

der.hans

#  "I guess I should've agreed with my boss more often. Today I was replaced
#  by a bobblehead doll!" -- Randy Glasbergen, 15Mar2006