Oracle Woe's - Pam Issue?

Mike Garfias mike at garfias.org
Wed Dec 12 22:26:33 MST 2007

You're missing the point.  You can scale beyond a single box without
getting into some complex clustering setup AND without getting into
expensive hardware.  It just requires work in the dev cycle, rather
than SA work after the app is built.

I'm not telling him to use MySQL, Postgres, or even oracle.  I'm
suggesting he change the way he looks at the databases which in the
long run could save lots of pain.