Oracle Woe's - Pam Issue?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 21:39:52 MST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 7:43 PM, Mike Garfias <mike at garfias.org> wrote:
> Bryan -
>
> In my experience you'll be far better off NOT relying on one killer
> database box (or even a cluster) to handle all your data.  HW only
> scales so far before it gets too expensive.

In my experience, choosing a database based upon your needs is the
best way to go.
Hardware never scales beyond being too expensive, because once you
scale beyond a single box worth of queries, you either choose to limit
the queries or start to scale to a cluster.
It's pretty much as simple as that.

--
Thanks,
Dan Lund

"This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny, and usher in a
future brighter than anything we can imagine."