Oracle Woe's - Pam Issue?

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Dec 11 15:57:48 MST 2007

... However that depends on what you would like to accomplish.

I know that eventually I will be handling thousands of transactions a minuet (estimated ½ million transactions per day in less then 18 months) from a slue of vded'ed front end Apache Webs Servers attached to another group of vded'ed Tomcat Servers running some in house Java.  I am worried that MySQL is not going to be able to handle the load.  I was going to start with Oracle XE because the move up to larger products is (supposedly) as easy as installing a license.

Our predicted growth cycle is fairly rapid until we get close to our predicted saturation rate, and some tables are likely to hit 100-200 million records in very short order, so I need a strong DB to handle the load.  The problem is I am trying to be very frugal until we see positive, stable, cash flow, which will not be until the middle to end of next year.