Oracle Woe's - Pam Issue?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 15:08:31 MST 2007

"...or should I just give it up and run MySQL like every other idiot on the net.?"

You could always be like the rest of us........ However that depends on what you would like to accomplish.

Bryan O'Neal <BONeal at cornerstonehome.com> wrote:             st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }           So I spent an inordinate amount of time kicking a virtual dedicated machine to get oracle installed, and failed.  So I put up an old box, installed Oracle, and life was good.  But now Oracle will not run on the dedicated box either.  I get the same symptoms in that it says the DB and net listener are started but I can not connect to the Oracle admin web page, however I get .  Does anyone successfully use Oracle 10g Express or should I just give it up and run MySQL like every other idiot on the net.?

  I get the following error in my /var/log/sercure
  Dec 11 14:19:23 server1 su: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user oracle by (uid=0)
  Dec 11 14:20:08 server1 su: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user oracle
  Dec 11 14:20:08 server1 su: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user oracle by (uid=0)
  Dec 11 14:21:18 server1 su: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user oracle

  This is my own CENT OS 5 box.

  Bryan O'Neal
 Cornerstone Homes & Development, Inc.
 4220 E. McDowell Rd Ste. #108